Wednesday, July 26, 2006

The Pastor's School

It is Wednesday here at Beeson's Pastor's School and things are going ok. I was not sure what to expect from John Yates' preaching Monday night but it was quite refreshing. He is the Rector at The Falls Anglican church in Virginia.
Last night Erwin Lutzer preached and shared a very simple but sharp message. I really do like hearing his accent as he speaks. He is a great communicator. He is pastor of The Moody Church in Chicago.

I have not been impressed with the plenary workshops though. Most of the workshops are repeats of previous years or an old workshop with a new name and face.

There is something that troubles me. I have been seeing a trend over the last several years to cater to the Modernist/Emergent fringe. This group within itself is troubling and deserves a week or so of comments at a later date.

One of my biggest beefs with The Pastor's School as a whole is its strong ecumenical tones. "Can't we all just get along" is something that I am expecting to hear any day. Don't get me wrong. I am not trying to create divisions or drive a wedge but doctrinal differences can really divide if you ask me and rightfully so.

More to come...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin