Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Neither Can Save Us

Make not mistake about it, I am very conservative. But, every Christian has to acknowledge that neither Democrat nor Republican can save this country of ours.

Many years ago we had Christians who really loved the Lord and lost people while not loving the Lord they respected those who did.
Now, we have many claiming to be Christian who show no love for the Lord or His ways. The rank and file lost person cares nothing for the Lord (nothing new) and also hates those that do love the Lord.

Sin is excused, loved and embraced by the church and the lost sit back and feel confirmed in their rejection of the savior.

The political system is not going to save this country from impending doom. It has to start with the church. The church has to quit committing spiritual adultery and join itself back to her real love, the Lord Jesus Christ.

Holiness and virtue need to be descriptions of His body, the church. I'm afraid adultery and compromise are its descriptions now. Is it any wonder why the Lord feels so far away now? He has not left us we have walked away from Him. We have no discernment, no power, no convictions, and no integrity. How do I know? I am one of the church.

Republican or democrat is not what we need. We need a hunger for righteousness.

9 comments:

Rick Frueh said...

Amen Todd!

Tim Brown said...

Couldn't agree more.

It was a couple of years ago, I think, when the ACLJ was calling me incessantly and asking for money to fight "this or that" battle to "protect my rights" to pray, etc.

I got tired of this and told the woman that "I don't have the 'right' to pray, I have the duty to pray and no law can change that." It was like a light went on with her. She had been calling to ask me to continually throw money at a problem. Her outlook was wrong.

We're way past a political solution. In fact, I don't think there ever *was* a political solution.

Dead Theologians said...

Tim,

For some reason we think more money will make the educational system, the Church, and the legal (ACLJ) better. I know it takes money to pay the light bill but callused knees would do what we or money can't.

Thanks for your great comment.

DT

Dead Theologians said...

Thanks Rick.

Are you keeping the watchers of the watchdoggies in check? :)

DT

Anonymous said...

Excellent points. I'm from Canada where the situation is the exact same.

Dead Theologians said...

Hello Paul,

Thanks for the comment. I have heard the state of affairs in Canada is quite dismal.

Thanks for the comment.
DT

Unknown said...

I agree DT
The sad state of America is a direct reflection of the sad state of the church.

Diane R said...

Excellent and concise post about what the REAL problem is with our country. Great post! I have been saying the same thing for the past 30 years and now finally more and more people are realizing it too.

Deborah said...

DT,

You are spot on! I have come to the conclusion that essentially the Democratic and Republican parties are the same. I have always voted, but had become quite apathetic concerning politics. Just for the record, Bush fooled me twice!

This election year has been different. I have thrown my support behind a candidate who will uphold the Constitution (anyone remember that document????).
I am supporting a candidate who actually believes that parents should be allowed to educate their children as they see fit. This candidate also believes in the Christian "just war" theory that Augustine once espoused.

Ron Paul 2008!

dss

As an after note, let me say, most of you probably remember that I am unashamedly a Theonomist. I will admit, Ron Paul is not that. However, reigning the federal government in to a Constitutional size, is a great step for all! No more abortions paid for by the federal government! No more unconstitutional income tax, so families can finally afford to keep the mom at home to raise her own children!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin